Click image to view larger
IP 10G Core Monitoring Blade
The VB330 Probe is the flagship in Sencore’s VideoBRIDGE products line. With line-speed 10G performance and a massive multiprocessor architecture, the VB330 can deliver monitoring and analytics of thousands of streams and a multitude of technologies in real-time and in parallel.
The VB330 is aimed at monitoring the full cross section of services commonly found in media related network operations. The VB330 is a very flexible tool for monitoring network performance involving signal formats and areas as diverse as video IP multicast, video OTT/ABR streaming, voice trunks, video-on-demand unicast, Ethernet packet micro bursts, PCAP recording and general traffic protocol inspection.
Measurement analytics are available via easy drill-down functionality and the patented MediaWindow™ technology simplifies monitoring and analysis of this complex data. Multiple VB330s can be placed in a 1RU chassis, offering a performance of up to 40 Gbit/s per 1RU.
- Monitor up to 2000 IP multicasts/unicasts in parallel
- Monitor up to 500 OTT/ABR streams at master play-out or at CDN origin server in all the common streaming formats using the bulk OTT option. Streaming formats supported currently include Microsoft SmoothStream™, Apple HLS™, Adobe HDS™, MPEG-DASH and basic RTMP.
- Monitor Voice or Video-on-Demand trunks using the Advanced Ethernet Option. Summarize traffic issues across the whole trunk dynamically.
- Identify packet micro bursting and pinpoint sources of violations. Micro bursting is a particularly important area when traversing 10G/1G network domains where queuing issues often arise and result in packet loss. Perform deep TR 101 290 analysis on up to 200 streams with all priority levels covered - Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Perform PCAP packet capture and retrieval for offline analysis using 3rd party tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump.
All VideoBRIDGE probes and modules are self-contained and based on rugged, embedded electronics. Each is built to carrier grade standards and satisfies the stringent requirements of the telecommunications and broadcast industries. Built for 24/7 operations and designed to go into edge and core router environments, all VideoBRIDGE Probes have been designed with industrial use in mind.