Virtual 10G Monitoring Probe
- Future proof for long life deployments
- Optimize Headend performance
- Install on standard Intel hardware
- Fully VMware and OpenStack compliant
- Feature parity to HW VB330
- Option equality and license equality
- Deliverable as ISO installer or OVF image
- Multi-Core CPU utilization architecture
Building on the incredible hardware-based IP monitoring capabilities of Sencore’s VideoBRIDGE probes, the VB330-V is a virtual probe that operates on any standard, high-performance server blade. It has the same feature set and capabilities as the hardware-based VB330 10G probe and they can be mixed and matched to achieve the best configuration for each customer’s requirements.
The VB330-V is aimed at monitoring the full cross section of services commonly found in media related network operations. The VB330-V is a very flexible tool for monitoring network performance involving signal formats and areas as diverse as video IP multicast, video OTT/ABR streaming, voice trunks, video-on-demand unicast, Ethernet packet micro bursts, PCAP recording and general traffic protocol inspection.
- Measurement analytics are available via easy drill-down functionality and the patented MediaWindow™ technology simplifies monitoring and analysis of this complex data. Multiple VB330s can be placed in a 1RU chassis, offering a performance of up to 40 Gbit/s per 1RU.
- Monitor up to 2000 IP multicasts/unicasts in parallel
- Monitor up to 500 OTT/ABR streams at master play-out or at CDN origin server in all the common streaming formats using the bulk OTT option. Streaming formats supported currently include Microsoft SmoothStream™, Apple HLS™, Adobe HDS™, MPEG-DASH and basic RTMP.
- Monitor Voice or Video-on-Demand trunks using the Advanced Ethernet Option. Summarize traffic issues across the whole trunk dynamically.
- Identify packet micro bursting and pinpoint sources of violations. Micro bursting is a particularly important area when traversing 10G/1G network domains where queuing issues often arise and result in packet loss. Perform deep TR 101 290 analysis on up to 200 streams with all priority levels covered - Level 1, 2 and 3.
- Perform PCAP packet capture and retrieval for offline analysis using 3rd party tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump.
The VB330-V virtual probe has been developed specifically for data center and headend deployment. With full VMware and OpenStack compliance, it can be installed almost instantly on standard blade servers to allow mass deployment and rapid scaling of capacity.